'No Oil Will Leave Hormuz': Iran Warns Nations Joining US Economic Siege
· Free Press Journal

Tehran, Aug 23: Iran's top security official Mohsen Rezaei warned that any country participating in the US economic war against Iran will be considered an "enemy" by Tehran.
Visit bettingx.club for more information.
Iran issues warning to countries
Rezaei, the secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, made the remarks on Saturday in an interview with state-run IRIB TV.
He said Iran would first negotiate with such countries and ask them to stay out of the conflict, but warned that if they refuse, Tehran will strike their interests, and that if surrounding countries choose to join the US siege, Iran "will not let even a single drop of oil be exported from the Strait of Hormuz."
He noted that Iran has learned how to bypass US sanctions and continue oil sales over the years, Xinhua news agency reported.
Israel Warns US Of Turkey's Alleged Plans To Deploy Defence Assets In SyriaHormuz warning reiterated
Rezaei also repeated that the Hormuz Strait will remain closed unless the United States fulfils its commitments under the Iran-US peace memorandum of understanding signed in June, adding that Washington must act first this time.
Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi said that the US anti-Iran economic operation is doomed to fail like its other coercive measures against the country.
"14 years ago: 'Most crippling sanctions in history.' Failed. 8 years ago: 'Maximum pressure.' Failed. 5 months ago: 'Unconditional surrender.' Failed. Today: 'Most crushing economic operation ever.' Bound to fail," Araghchi posted on social media platform X.
BIG: Iran’s Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council, Mohsen Rezai:
— Clash Report (@clashreport) August 22, 2026
We are telling all neighboring countries not to participate in the economic war alongside the United States; otherwise, we will consider them enemies.
We are not seeking to expand the war, but if… pic.twitter.com/T3frAL1Ayc
US announces economic measures
The remarks came after US President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday "the most crushing economic operation ever taken" against any country providing a lifeline to Iran, describing it as an "economic warfare and isolation on an unprecedented scale."
"This will be Economic Warfare and Isolation on an unprecedented scale," Trump posted on Truth Social, calling the move "an ECONOMIC D-DAY."
Also Watch:
MoU talks remain uncertain
On June 18, the United States and Iran signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on ending the war in the region on all fronts, including Lebanon. Under the MoU, they were scheduled to hold negotiations within a period of 60 days, which ended on Monday, to reach a final agreement, but the talks' fate remains unclear following the escalation between the two countries last month.
(Except for the headline, this article has not been edited by FPJ's editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)