Suspect wanted for downtown sex assault; Toronto man charged after shots fired in Vaughan
· Toronto Sun

See more Toronto Sun on Google — save as a Preferred Source
A man police say is wanted for a downtown sexual assault last weekend has been identified.
Visit newsbetting.cv for more information.
Toronto Police say, at approximately 6 p.m. on Aug. 15, officers responded to a call for a sexual assault in the University Ave. and College St. area.
It was reported to police that a man and the alleged victim were walking towards each other on the sidewalk. As the man passed the victim, he allegedly sexually assaulted the victim.
Police said the suspect then fled the area.
On Friday, cops said investigators identified the suspect.
Jose Mario Recinos, 58, of Toronto, is wanted for sexual assault.
Investigators describe the accused as between 5-foo-4 and 5-foot-6 with a thin build and clean shaven. He was wearing a dark blue “Fenwick” baseball cap, grey hooded sweater with “Canada” printed on the front, black jogging pants, black shoes with a green Nike symbol on the inner toe and a black backpack.
Cops ask if anyone has information about the investigation to contact police at 416-808-5200.
SHOTS FIRED IN VAUGHAN, TORONTO MAN CHARGED
A 45-year-old Toronto man has been charged following a shooting in Vaughan on Wednesday.
York Regional Police said officers responded at approximately 8:20 a.m. following reports of shots fired in the area of Weston and Langstaff Rds.
At the scene, police said cops found a commercial building that had sustained damage from gunfire. People were inside the building, but no injuries were reported.
A suspect was identified on Thursday, police said, and a search warrant was executed at a Toronto residence. During the search, police said investigators located ammunition and an illegal drug believed to be cocaine.
The firearm used in the shooting, believed to be an assault-style rifle, has not been located, cops added.
Felix Algai has been charged with reckless discharge of a firearm, possession of a weapon contrary to a court order, failing to comply with a probation order, two counts of unauthorized possession of prohibited device, and possession of a controlled substance.
Investigators believe the shooting is an isolated incident and are not seeking any additional suspects.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Firearms Investigation Team at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7817.
MAN SOUGHT FOR JUNE NIGHTCLUB ASSAULT
A man wanted for an assault at a downtown nightclub in June has yet to be identified.
Toronto Police said, shortly before 1 a.m. on June 21, the suspect and victim were inside a nightclub in the King St. W. and Spadina Ave. area.
It was reported to police that the suspect and victim got into a verbal altercation. The suspect then allegedly assaulted the victim, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the suspect fled the scene before cops arrived.
Investigators describe the suspect as between 20 and 25 years old, approximately 5-foot-8 with a thin build and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a polo shirt and a backwards baseball hat.
An image of the suspect has been released by police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400.
SUSPECT WANTED FOR CRIMINAL HARASSMENT
Toronto Police have turned to the public for help identifying a suspect wanted for a criminal harassment incident in Flemingdon Park.
Police said officers responded at approximately 1 p.m. Thursday to a call for a suspicious incident in the St. Dennis Dr. and Don Mills Rd. area, south of Eglinton Ave. E.
It was reported to police that the victim had been in public spaces over the course of the last two weeks and had noticed the suspect staring at her numerous times on different occasions.
Cop said the suspect attended the victim’s residence twice in one day. The suspect and victim are not known to each other, and the victim is concerned for her safety.
Investigators describe the suspect as 20 to 30 years old and approximately 5-foot-9 with short black hair, a full black beard, and no moustache. The suspect was last seen wearing black pants, a black collared long-sleeve shirt, and black gloves.
An image of the suspect was released by police.
Investigators ask anyone with information to contact police at 416-808-5500.
COPS NAB TWO BOYS, 14, FOR OSHAWA ROBBERY
Two 14-year-old boys are facing charges after police said a knifepoint robbery occurred Wednesday in Oshawa.
Durham Regional Police said officers with the Central East Division responded at approximately 5:45 p.m. to a robbery call in the area of Hillcrest Dr. and Dean Ave., near Wilson Rd. S. and Hwy. 401.
According to police, the victim arranged to meet the suspect through online marketplace to purchase a cellphone.
During the exchange, cops said a second suspect approached and allegedly threatened the victim at knifepoint while demanding the victim’s wallet. Both suspects fled the area before officers arrived. The victim did not suffer any physical injuries.
Police said its Drone as First Responder program was deployed to help locate, track, and contain the suspects while providing support to responding officers.
RECOMMENDED VIDEO
The police drone immediately began searching the surrounding area and located two individuals matching the suspect descriptions entering a nearby vehicle, cops said. It tracked the vehicle and provided regular updates to responding officers before a traffic stop was made.
After a responding officer initiated a traffic stop, both suspects fled the vehicle on foot, police said. The drone tracked the suspects through a residential neighbourhood and guided officers to their location, where both were arrested following a brief chase on foot.
A teen from Oshawa has been charged with robbery with a weapon, disguise with intent, possessing property obtained by crime under $5,000, and unlawfully possessing a Schedule I substance.
A teen from Pickering has been charged with robbery, obstructing/resisting a peace officer, and possessing property obtained by crime under $5,000.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Central East Division investigators at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 1705.